Positioning on Google
Webpage positioning on Google for a keyword depends on its relevance and authority (reputation).
Total Page Authority and Keyword Difficulty
The total authority of a webpage is the sum of itsPage Authority and associated Domain Authority.
The potential for a webpage to achieve top page positioning for a keyword depends on:
- Off-Page Optimisation
- On-page optimisation –
- Text and coding – (particularly the page title.)
- Download speed.
- Anchor (linking) text of incoming links
- Other ‘user’ signals.
- Bounce rate
- Time on website.
- Social Media engagement.
If your webpage is not on the top page of Google:-
- It will attract few, if any, new visitors or business.
Search engine optimisation is:-
- The scientific application of
- Acceptable techniques to achieve
- Top positioning of web pages
- On the search engines including Google.
You must know:-
- The strength of the competition.
- The potential strength of your webpage that is to compete.
There is no point in competing for a desirable keyword for top Google search position if the relative strength of the competition (keyword difficulty) is too high according to Total Page Authority keyword difficulty (TPA-KD).
To avoid wasting resources including time, effort and money, you must focus on the achievable and avoid going after the impossible.
Keyword SEO Pro analyses the strength of the competition by authority:-
- For the top two Google factors: Domain Authority and Page Authority
- For a list of keywords.
- Indicating those keywords that are in range for your website to achieve top page position and those that are not
- Allowing you to focus on the achievable so that you avoid wasting precious resources on the impossible.